Healthcare Accounting Manager – Direct Hire
An experienced Healthcare Accounting Manager is needed to be responsible for the general management and implementation of the daily functions of finance and accounting for a mission driven non-profit organization in Downtown Sacramento. The ideal candidate must have experience working in a non-profit healthcare organization and have previously been in charge of grant budgeting and hands on accounting functions.
This is a full time, direct hire opportunity at an organization that offers a friendly work environment.
- Oversees the general fiscal processes and procedures including grant budget/expense monitoring, requests for payment, payroll, A/P, A/R, capital assets, financial reporting and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Works closely with supervisors to monitor existing and new grant/contract budgets, facilitating appropriate expenses and modifications to ensure budget compliance.
- Keeps accurate and up to date grant and contract files for Program Reviews and Systems Appraisals.
- Supervises, mentors and coaches the Accounts Payable Clerk and Accounts Receivable Clerk and provides continuous training in general accounting principles and various software functions & tasks.
- Researches and confirms available funding for payment requests and provides proper coding, allocations, and signature of approval in the absence of the CFO.
- Ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Generates timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a closely related field required;
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in non-profit grant accounting; 3 years supervising accounting staff experience required.
- Candidate without non-profit healthcare experience will not be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, interpersonal relationships, resources, and information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, concise, respectful, effective and professional manner verbally and orally.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work respectfully in diverse environments and with diverse staff.
Recruiter Contact Elizabeth Mann
(P) 916-925-2300 (E) Elizabeth@pacificstaffing.com