REPORTS TO: Tax Manager FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
PAYGRADE LEVEL: Starting at $75,000
SUMMARY: Assists tax manager in preparing tax documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare cost segregation analysis for completed construction jobs for assigned companies
- Prepare and post journal entries for the following items for assigned portfolio of companies:
o Commission and financing fee amortization
o Sales, purchases and bank loans
o Allocation of land and building basis to appropriate profit centers after completion of construction or lot line adjustments
o Accrual to cash adjustments
o Cost segregation analysis
o Like-kind exchanges
o Close retained earnings
- Prepare tax returns and venture statements for assigned companies
- Identify potential issues and/or areas of concern within the tax returns and venture statements, determine appropriate tax treatment through research and collaborate with Tax Manager.
- Prepare financial statements for various partnerships and individuals
- Assist tax manager with gathering and preparing information for quarterly tax estimates
- Review financial statements for assigned companies on a quarterly basis to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Special projects as required
|Leading with a positive can – do approach.
Uphold our organizational values with optimism
Inspire, mentor, develop & champion others to perform well
Contribute to building a positive team spirit
Pursue superior performance and customer satisfaction
|Uphold organizational values, embrace truth and trust
Treat everyone with dignity, fairness and respect
Be accountable for highest standards of behavior
Promote harassment free environment
Follow through on promises and commitment
|Actively look for ways to improve processes
Collaborate, share ideas and learn
Generate creative & alternative solutions
Overcome resistance to change & thrive
Never be satisfied with “good enough”
|Accept responsibility for actions
Understand that others rely on you
Keep commitments and timelines
Conserve organizational resources
Implement cost savings measures
|Your actions are stronger than your words
Collaborate to benefit clients/customers
Improve processes, best to fit situation
On time, on budget to best productivity
Thorough, accurate, efficient, excellence
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in accounting or finance; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Accounting software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision
Deadline is September 19th.
Send resumes and cover letters to Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org