Manages the local business office including sales revenue forecasting, payroll submission and accounting for the station(s); serves as front-line support for business operations within a designated area.
• Coordinates with regional financial management regarding financial and operational information.
• Liaises between station and regional/corporate office regarding business issues involving personnel, legal, FCC regulations, etc.
• Processes payroll including new hire paperwork, commission calculations, and talent fee allocation.
• Gathers and maintains employee personnel records.
• Maintains local trade files according to policy.
• Manages local accounts receivable processes, including billing, invoice generation and cash advance processing, and oversees the collection process.
• Updates and maintains accounting records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, trade).
• Conducts variance and account analysis to identify discrepancies; recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports; submits payroll and financial data to corporate office.
• Ensures the correct functioning of business support services.
• Partners with other groups on issues that may have a financial impact or require a financial perspective (eg., commissions support), and may provide special project support.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced skills in Excel
• Experience using IBM COGNOS and Café preferred
• Familiarity with accounting software and ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of FCC rules
• Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure
• Can work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Highly detailed oriented, with strong attention to accuracy
• Excellent planning and organization skills; can multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of analysis and decision-making skills; knows when to escalate appropriate issues to management in a timely fashion
• Proven problem-solving ability, following-up until resolved
• Stress tolerance; can maintain composure when faced with difficult situations/personalities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 4-year college degree in Accounting
SAN FRANCISCO, CA: 340 TOWNSEND ST, FLOORS 4 & 5, 94107